Hunger Free World (HFW), has established and will adhere to this guideline for the use of its official social media accounts and the use of social media by the individuals related to HFW.
Social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and blogs have been widely spread in recent years. HFW actively utilizes them as a tool to enhance the exchange of information among the people and the organizations that are interested in global hunger and food issues, which we believe would ultimately lead to eliminating hunger from the world.
On the other hand, information posted on the Internet can be seen by the many and unspecified, and may have unexpected consequences on individuals and the society. HFW is fully aware of this possibility and has developed a guideline to promote observation of the law, HFW’s regulations and policies, as well as respect for various social norms when using social media.
Policy on the use of HFW’s official social media accounts
- In principle, HFW’s official account is used only by the HFW’s staff in charge.
- HFW’s official views and announcements shall be delivered thorough its official website and press releases. Information posted on social media does not necessarily represent HFW’s official views and announcements.
- HFW actively encourages the individuals and the groups related to HFW to post remarks on HFW activities on their own social media accounts. However, information they post at their own account does not represent HFW’s official views and announcements.
- HFW aims to promote two-way communication through the use of social media; therefore it welcomes comments and questions as well as participation in conversations addressed to its official accounts.
- We apologize in advance for the cases we cannot reply to all the messages received at HFW’s official accounts individually despite our best effort to do so.
- Copyrights of the messages and the comments, as well as the related rights of the images and the movies posted by the official accounts belong to HFW.
List of official accounts
HFW’s official social media accounts are as follows. Posts from other accounts are not by HFW.
Name： NPO法人ハンガー・フリー・ワールド（Hunger Free World, a Specified Non-Profit Corporation）
ID ： @hunger_free （http://twitter.com/hunger_free）
Content： Tweets on HFW activities, mainly about the updates of HFW websites including but not limited to the announcements of events, recruiting volunteers, and activity reports. Responses and retweets related to above-mentioned topics.
Operation hour：10:00-21:00 (Mom.Tue.Thu.) 10:00-18:00 (Wed.Fri.Sat). We occasionally tweet after operation hours.
Operated by： HFW Office
Name： 特定非営利活動法人ハンガー・フリー・ワールド（Hunger Free World, a Specified Non-Profit Corporation）
Content： Posts on HFW activities, mainly about the updates of HFW websites including but not limited to the announcements of events, recruiting volunteers, and activity reports.
Operation hour：10:00-21:00 (Mom.Tue.Thu.) 10:00-18:00 (Wed.Fri.Sat).We occasionally post information after operation hours.
Operated by： HFW Office
Content：Videos HFW recorded in the countries where HFW are active, and video letters from the local affiliate office and fields
Operated by： HFW Office
About the accounts of the individuals and the groups related to HFW
HFW actively encourages the individuals and the groups related to HFW to disseminate information on HFW activities. In disseminating information, HFW requests them to observe the law and HFW’s regulations and policies and adhere to the code of conduct specified below and the general good manners. However, HFW is not principally responsible for the content of the information the individuals and the groups have posted outside HFW’s official social media accounts.
・Observe the law and pay careful attention to basic human rights, copyrights, the right of portrait, and privacy of third parties.
- Be fully aware that the posts are not by the official account. When the nature of issue requires an official handling, refer to an appropriate channel.
- When transmitting information, try to be as accurate as possible and pay adequate attention to avoid misunderstanding. Be aware that the information once made public on the Internet cannot be deleted completely.
- If the information you had posted hurt others even if you had no intention to do so or caused a misperception, handle the situation with sincerity and honesty and try to correct the misperception.
・Do not post information which may promote discrimination against a certain race, ethnicity, thought, belief, sex, etc. Carefully refrain from spreading rumor and posting the information which may lead to the spread of rumor and other information which are against social norms.
HFW, a Specified Non-Profit Corporation
(Attention to Kasutani)
Yamasho Building 8th floor, 4-8-13, Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0072 JAPAN
TEL : +81-3-3261-4700
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org